The Holidays

Friday, January 22, 2016
3:58 PM

I know this is late in coming, but I wanted to tell you guys about our fun Christmas Break!  We flew to Maryland and spent Christmas and New Years with Andrew's family.  Whenever we visit, the Garvers love to show us around.  (Andrew's family moved to Maryland the same time we were married; so consequently, he has never lived there.)


But hold up. Before I share anything else about our trip, look at our cute apartment!


I was so sad when we had to take down our Christmas decorations.

Okay, back to our vacation.  We loved making ornaments and gingerbread houses.  Here's mine...



On Christmas, the highlight of my day was Skyping my little brother, Michael, who is on an LDS mission in Edmonton Canada.  On Christmas, Michael had been in Canada for about 6 months.  Only one and a half years to go!


The day after Christmas, we drove to Pennsylvania and went to a Christmas museum.  Then, we went to Hershey, PA!!! Talk about chocolate overload! (Tip for anyone planning to visit the Hershey Factory one day: go the day after Christmas!  They have lots of discount holiday chocolate.)

We had so much fun making our very own chocolate.  Fresh chocolate is a beautiful thing.

A couple of days later, we went to the LDS Washington D.C. Temple! It was gorgeous inside and out.



My mother-in-law took this one. The reflection is perfect.


After that we went to the Cheesecake Factory.  I had never been before so it was a special treat! Literally.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Andrew and I had such a blast in Maryland.  It was so much fun hanging out with his family.  We never get to see them enough!

We flew back to Utah a few days before school started and decided to drive up to Oregon to surprise my little sisters!  I told my mom that we were coming and asked her to keep it a secret.  She did a pretty good job.  She may or may not have accidentally hinted we were coming hours before we got there.  I still love you Mom. :)

After over two weeks of partying on both sides of the country, we headed back up to school at BYU-I.  It was hard adjusting to a new semester.  But now we are back in the swing of things and studying hard.  Actually, Andrew is the one studying hard.  I'm only taking 10 credits this semester. Yay.

Love,
Emily



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Powered by Blogger.