Fall

Happy November!

Tuesday, November 1, 2016
9:23 PM

This update has been a long time coming.  I can't believe it's been over 3 months since my last post.  Whoops, my bad.  So much has happened since July.  I've had two eventful trips, summer vacation, celebrated our two year wedding anniversary, started school again, and many more things--it's crazy.

The college I'm attending has a 7 week summer break between semesters.  Andrew was working the whole break and I was jobless and bored.  I did so many projects around the house.  That's basically what kept me sane.

During the 7 week break, I had my first eventful trip.  Andrew and I went to visit my family for the weekend.  It started out as a fun vacation, but then Andrew, me, and my sister all got food poisoning from a party we went to.  It was awful!!!  I haven't been that sick in a long time.  It was absolutely miserable.  Looking back, it's kind of funny.  But I was sad that the very first time home this whole year was spent throwing up and not having fun with my family.  *Shout out to my mom for being the best nurse for all us sickies*

As for the second eventful trip, Andrew and I went to Utah a few weekends ago to visit family and to attend a wedding.  We went to the wedding on a Saturday afternoon.  It was so pretty!  The wedding was at the new LDS temple in Provo.  After the wedding, we met up with my siblings and drove up Alpine Loop.  Well, we attempted to drive Alpine Loop.  (For those of your who don't know, the Alpine Loop is just a pretty drive through the mountains and trees east of Provo.)  We got about 20 minutes into the drive when Andrew said, "Oh look!" then pulled off the road.  I thought he saw and animal or something else cool in the trees.  When he completely stopped the car, I saw that there was no animal, there was smoke coming from the hood.  We all got out of the car and saw liquid running down the road, like a lot of liquid.  Can I just say, I absolutely hate car problems?  Andrew called a tow truck to come pick up the car and his dad to give us a ride down the mountain.  My sister and I took the opportunity to have a photo op.  Haha.  We were at the base of the most beautiful mountains, at a gorgeous time of year, why not?!

So long story short, our car was towed to a mechanic and we had to stay in Utah an extra day to get it fixed. The end.

-----

As for some current life updates: I STARTED (and am now halfway through) MY LAST SEMESTER ON CAMPUS. WHAT.  I seriously can't believe I'm almost done.  All I have next semester is my internship and one online class.  The place I'd been planning on interning ended up being a not-so-good fit.  And I only just figured that out a few weeks ago.  Soooooo can someone come find me a new internship? Thanks. I really appreciate it.  All joking aside, I only have a little bit more time to find an internship and it's starting to stress me out.  I'm going to miss college when it's over, but I definitely won't miss the stress.

Looking back over the past two months, this semester has been pretty great.  I'm taking so many fun classes (like archery!) and I'm sad that it's almost over.  College has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me.  Oh well. Life goes on after college.  Right?

Love, Em

PS.  I swear it won't be three months until my next post...




Here our some pictures from our Utah trip.


Oops.




It was so convenient our car broke down in such a pretty place!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.